Addiction & Recovery
Considering IDUs are a particularly hard–to–reach group in Mizoram, there have been debates among key stakeholders on the need to create an enabling environment for IDUs through networks, partnerships, legal advocacy and more specifically, those which can be sustained.
- Increase in alcohol tolerance.
- Surreptitious drinking.
- Urgency of first drink.
- Unable to discuss problem.
- Drinking bolstered with excuses.
- Persistent remorse.
- Promises and resolutions fail.
- Loss of other interests.
- Work and money troubles.
- Neglect of food.
- Tremors and early morning drinks.
- Occasional relief drinking.
- Constant relief drinking commences.
- Onset of memory blackouts increasing dependence on alcohol.
- Feelings of guilt.
- Memory blackouts increase.